About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Life Is Good


\
 
Happy Friday to all my dear friends. Yes, Spring is almsot here.  In fact Mr. P. mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time.  A sure sign that Spring / Summer is just around the bend.  Hoping
 you all are looking forward to a wonderful weekend.  At the home place, we are looking forward to a beautiful, warm, Saturday at home.  It will be the first Saturday we have been home in 3 weeks.  If you don't follow Holly's blog, then you might not know that Mr. P. is building Darbee Rae a playhouse.  It is huge. He has been up there on the weekend's and since the time change in the afternoon's last week working.  We are so excited and can't wait to see it finished and all painted and decorated.  Darbee Rae has her own ideas on the colors.  Pink paint has already been purchased for the outside. Inside she wants Zebra print, pink,black, lime green.  Here are a few pictures of the progress.


 
Mr P still has to do the little porch and hang the door.  Soon he will be finished. 


Since Mr. P. has been busy making the other two girls in his life happy working on the playhouse, my list has gotten pushed to the side for awhile.  But that's okay.  He is almost at the end of the list and that's a good thing, as it is time to start working for the fall craft show.  Yes, I know it is just March, but with his job and only working on the show items in the evenings, it takes a while to get everything built.  Plus this year he has added a one day show in April to his list.  I won't be entering my goodies in this show. This cabinet was purchased at a thrift store by Holly.  When it wouldn't fit where she wanted it, she passed it on to me.  You have seen it in pictures.  It sat at the end of my little island in the kitchen.  It was painted an ugly green.

 
I told Mr. P. what I wanted done to it, and now this is the transformation.
 
It is a lot darker than in the picture.  He painted it red over black.  Love it now, and he made me this to go above it,
 
 
 Loved the way it turned out.  
 
This week I received a wonderful little bag in the mail.  Have you ever heard of In A Pikle bags?  I have been wanting one for a long time.  Holly and I both for that matter.  Well, she ordered hers  and when it came, I had to order me one too.  You can find them here. http://inapikle.com.   Here is a picture of mine.  They are wonderful. They come with a starter kit and I did order extra bags.  They snap in and it is amazing all you can get in one bag.  It did away with 2 zippered bags I had in my purse. 
 
 
All of these items came with the bag and are in the zippered pouches, plus I have added my own personal items.  I still have bags left to fill.

Complete In A Pikle Pak Contains:

  • 1 hand sanitizer pen
  • 1 spot remover pen
  • 3 individually wrapped antibacterial wipes
  • 1 credit card size mirror and floss combo
  • 1 pair of tweezers
  • 1 pair of fingernail clippers
  • 2 emery boards
  • 1 travel size sewing kit
  • 1 retractable mini scissors
  • 1 24" tailor tape
  • 3 hair bands
  • 5 rubber bands
  • 5 bobby pins
  • 5 safety pins
  • 5 paper clips
  • 1 philips mini screw driver
  • 1 straight mini screw driver
  • 1 mini pen
  • 1 "In A Pikle" sticky notebook
  • 10 adhesive bandages
  • 1 package travel tissues
  • 1 pill box
Can you tell I am so excited to finally own a "Pickle?"

 Well guess that is about all the news I have on this wonderful Friday.  Life has been good here at the home place.  Hoping all is well with you where ever you are today.  Enjoy your weekend, stay safe, be happy. 
 
Until next time.
 

13 comments:

  1. Have so enjoyed you both being here lots. We are headed out to work on the playhouse a bit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darbee Rae is one lucky girl. I want to come play when her house is all finished! I have never heard of those Pikle bags, I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afteroon Friend
    I Love the little red cubbard.
    Mr P. rocks. Darbee is one lucky loved girl.
    Come on Spring.Chilly here today.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Woolie Hugs
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, Mr. P is the handiest man!!!!!!The playhouse is beautiful.....the cubboard and the cupboard above it is fantastic and I love your Pickle!!!!!So with that all said - I hope your weekend is everything you want it to be, Angela.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, love how the little cupboard turned out, looks great there too, YAY Mr. P...cold here still, yuk.....Have a great weekend, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet darbee is loving her time with grandpa building her special house.Your little cupboard turned out nice.The bags seem interesting.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky little girl to have her own playhouse built by her grandpa! Can't wait to see finished pictures of it. Love your new little cupboards, they look just perfect. Wish it was time to go outside up here, we're supposed to get 2-3" of snow by tomorrow and more on Monday. SOOOO tired of it. Have a wonderful Saturday at home, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darbee Rae is a blessed little girl! I LOVE your cabinet! Love the color! I have never heard of that purse! I will check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new cabinet!! Can't wait to see the playhouse when it is all done!! I've been thinking about my 2 shows even though the first one isn't for 7 months. Can't wait to see what you are making for your show.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Darbee Rae's lil house is going to be awesome! I want one! LOL! Enjoy your weekend, can't wait until we can see the grass here ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Angela
    I have never heard of a pickle bag?
    Are they sold only in your area?
    Enjoy Saturday...relax

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh won't she just love that! love her decorator colors too!
    wow, that little cabinet sure came out great and the other one he made too, just fabulous. hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy, Darbee Rae will have her own house. Cool beans!
    Mr. P has been very busy keeping his girls happy. I love what you did with the cupboard, it and the cabinet look real nice together.
    That little pikl bag is what every woman needs to get her out of a jam. Clever :)
    I'm happy for you having a nice weekend. We're getting rain all weekend, but that's okay with me, because like you said, "life is good".

    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete