About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, April 26, 2013

A Perfect Flip Flop Friday

Sending all of you warm sunshine wishes on the beautiful Friday here in the South.  Hope where ever you are today you are happy, well, and feeling the warmth of sunshine in your lives. 

I just love Fridays.  Mr. P. gets off work early, only has to work half a day.  And that makes me smile.  Whether we have big plans or just spending time together, I always look forward to this day.  Our azalea's are in full bloom, the little hummingbirds have once again arrived to consume their nectar from the feeder on the porch and life is good.

 
 
Yes, here at the home place it is perfect flip flop weather.  And I am so ready.  Do you like to wear flip flops?  I found some really cute ones and they wear sooooo good.  I think the hounds tooth and the plaid ones could even pass for prim, don't you?  Now just deciding which ones I want to wear.  Oh such decisions a lady has to make, huh?
 
 
Well it has been a busy week here at the home place.  On Monday the girls and I went to the big city {Atlanta}.  Miss Darbee Rae had an eye appointment and we decided to do a little city shopping of course.  A good visit to Ikea, and then I was on a mission.  I wanted to find the closest World Market.  Thank goodness Holly doesn't mind driving in downtown Atlanta and she delivered me right to the door of the store.  I was on a search for a glass/bottle drying rack.  I so love the ones I have seen on blogs.  I would really love to have an antique French one but can't afford the price.  So the one at World Market will have to do.  WooHoo, they did have them and I was a happy shopper.  I haven't had time to decorate with it like I want so I will share the picture of it now and will show you what I do with it later.
 
 
I have seen them used in so many different ways on Pinterest.  Don't you just love to visit there and get so many great ideas?  You will be seeing this rack again and again I am sure of it. 
 
We had such a great day shopping and were having a late lunch and Mr. P. called with bad news.  His transmission had gone out on his truck.  Luckily he was in a safe place and had to wait for a tow truck to come and pick him and the truck up.  OH NO!!  So the remainder of this week, I have been without a vehicle.  The truck is in the hospital to have the transmission replaced so for another week I will be depending on Holly for a ride.  Guess I should just stay home and get lots of projects done, but heck,,,, sometime that's no fun.  A girls got to go as long as a girl can go!!
 
Last Saturday I got a package in the mail from Dawn.  She had posted a picture of watermelons for sale in her store.  I just love visiting her store through blogger.  I so hope to go there one day and visit with Dawn and do some serious shopping.  If you haven't visited her, you can find her here.  http://hollyhillsprimitives.blogspot.com/
Okay, back to the watermelon.  I wrote Dawn and she was kind enough to let me purchase a watermelon and she shipped it to me.   Thanks again Dawn.  You made this girl so happy. I was so excited when it arrived.  So prim and so real looking.  What do you think?
 
 
I am going to make more fruit and veggies and add them to my old scale basket and this is where it will end up.  I will use it as a center piece on the table for summer.
 
 
After lots of research, I found a pattern to make the watermelons and I purchased it.  Going to try my hand at making some and maybe have my own watermelon patch this summer. {smile}
 
Well that is just about it for today my friends.  Almost time for the Mister and my date night.  We went out of town last weekend for date night so tonight it is just out to eat and a little shopping.
Wishing all of you a wonderful and safe weekend.  Hope you have a perfect flip flop Weekend.  Take care and until we talk again. .....

10 comments:

  1. Well Happy Flip Flop Weekend to you as well Angela!! :-) If only it were flip flop weather here....I HATE wearing shoes...but with snow and ice still on the ground, ummm, it's sorta necessary. We woke up to another new cover of snow yesterday...but YAY!! today we actually are over 50 degrees (altho it's windier than all getout....) Sounds like life is good thru Nana's window...well, other than Mr's truck. My Mr's ride died yesterday too....He got it running to get it home and will have to wait until Little Crow has a day off to mess with it. Your azalea is gorgeous (or should I say Mr. P's azalea???) ;0) And love your bottle rack too....wish I had more space in this little nest for fun things like that.....Can't wait to see your melons! Wow...that one of Dawn's sure looks realistic!!! Smiles & Friday Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the truck, but it is only an aggravation and can be fixed. I don't like mechanical problems. At least it can be fixed.
    That watermelon is fantastic. I want to visit Dawn too, and may get to later this summer.My cousins have invited me up and I may try to go. You and Holly have fun next week. I wish, btw, I could wear flip flops. I don't like things between my toes. However when I was sandal shopping this week, that was all I could find.It has been beautiful here today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Dawn personally and she is a sweetheart and I love her store. That watermelone looks so real...I must have missed that one. Hope the truck gets fixed soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Azaleas!!
    You are one busy lady.
    That was very sweet of Dawn and the watermelon is very cute.
    TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela...what a pretty azalea bush!! Hummingbirds won't be back here until about the middle of May and I'm looking forward to seeing my little feathered friends.
    I purchased a huge primitive angel from Dawn and she shipped it I me. I had it now for a few years, but last year I got to travel up to her shop. It is awesome...you would love it.
    Love your fabric food...so cute!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Angela.....your Azalea bush is so beautiful! Mine has not bloomed yet, but I'm sure within the next week of warmth and sunshine it won't be much longer. I have already gotten my flip flops out. My favorite style is the BOC. I have a pair in every color, some two pairs in the same color :) Have a Fun Sunday and week a head!! Hugs..K

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's nice you and Mr. P get to spend Friday afternoons together. Your azalea is gorgeous! I have tried to wear flip flops and I just can't do it. I can't stand that piece between my toes! I wish I could though cause they make so many cute ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bloomin azaleas friend.
    Oh and I am not sure what I love more the watermelon or the stinkin cute flip flops.
    Woolie spring joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the watermelon!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that watermelon!!! It is great! My hummers came and left for some reason. I sure hope they come back!

    ReplyDelete