About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Working A Little,,,,, Playing A Lot

Well hello all of you.  It feels so good to be sitting at my computer visiting with you .  Gosh, it has been a while now since we have chatted.  Seems like just a few days ago we were all anticipating spring, warm sunshine, coffee on the porch, and lazy summer days to follow.  This evening there is a slight hint of fall on its way, and I am so anxious to start my fall decorating. But.... first things first and decorating will just have to come later. 

As most of you know, this is the time of year when I am the busiest.  Why???? Well like so many years in the past, I wait until the last minute to get started on items for the Labor Day show here in town.  I can only remember one year in over 20 that we have done this show that I kept my word and worked hard all year and was ready weeks before the show.  But it is what it is and I have been spending most of my days in the craft room .

I have gotten several new patterns for the show this year and have really enjoyed making a few things different.  I think my favorite thus far is the prim pineapple pattern by Willow Creek Crossing.  Usually I don't keep things for myself, but I made sure I got the first one off the machine.

 
A picture with the flash.  You can see more of the yellow showing through


 

 
This was such an easy pattern.
 
Last fall while in Berlin, Ohio I picked up a pattern by Tickled Primitive.  It was Mr. Pumkinhead. I loved how these turned out as well.  I changed the pattern up a bit, but had  fun making these too..

 
 
 
I  have an old feed sack, and I am thinking of making one for myself from it. Golly,,, I want to do so much and time is passing just too fast!!!
 
Mr. P. has been really busy as well.  He is working 10 hour days at work and then coming home to the shop and staying busy trying to be prepared for the show.  BUT..... being the kind wonderful hubby he is, he took time to surprise me with a bench I had been wanting for some time.
 
 
Don't you just love it?  I am so blessed to have a hubby that can build things for me.  Thank you Mr. P. Love ya.
 
Now on to some fun!!! Darbee Rae spent last evening with us.  She wanted to stay until we were ready to close our eyes to sleep and then go home.  And that is just what she did.  She started out in the workshop.  Papa has taught her how to paint and she does a really good job.  Here she is painting a table that will go in her playhouse.
 
 
She also decided to practice driving nails into a board.
 
 
Almost a half box of good nails later, she had worked up quite an appetite.
 
 
We  had to bring out her favorite cup, and the cutesy napkins for that big cookie. And before long, it was a special time for Darbee Rae and me.
 
I have kept a journal as long as I can remember.  Remember the 5 year diary that had lock and key you could buy back when?   Well I have mine and all my journals from as far back as grammar school.  Holly had let Darbee Rae buy a composition note book while out shopping the other day and she decided she wanted to start her a journal like Nana.  Made my heart sing!!! 
 
 
So we went into the bedroom and she had to see some of my old journals.  She picked a page to read from one in 2011 and it just happened to be the day she and Holly had the wreck.  Yikes,,, not a good day to read.  But we got started and we wrote in our journals together. 
 
 
 
Yes, we had to listen to music on the ipad while we wrote.  I am so proud of Darbee Rae.  She is spelling and writing really well not to have even started kindergarten yet.  Sure hope she keeps up her journal.  Won't that be something to show her children one day.
 
Well folks, that's about it for today.  No,,, nothing really exciting.  Just a lot of work and a little bit of playing...... makes for one happy and content Nana. 
 
Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend and are having a little fun along life's way. 
 
Until next time.
  

15 comments:

  1. Hi angela...that would be me too..waiting until the last mimute.
    Love those pineapples.
    Loved the post your daughter made abaut her tooth being loose.
    hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crafts, the little pumpkin guys are so cute!
    Sweet little Darbee, maybe an author in the making, but I'm thinking a teacher already! You let us know as time goes by. grin
    What can i say? I just love that bench! Yay! Mr. P.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,
    I have my Fall show at the end of September and am just now starting to make stuff. And I know that these next 7 weeks are going to fly by!! Hope you have a great show. Your Mr. Pumpkinhead's are so cute!! I think I have that pattern too.
    There is nothing in this world like being a Grandma!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela
    So cute, her writing in her journal. Love the bench. Love all your new pieces. How did you do the yellow in the pineapple. Was it already in the material??? I can't tell in the pic.

    Good luck with your show!!! I'll be leaving on a cruise to Canada Sept 2nd!!! Getting excited!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so fun to start journaling with your Sunshine.
    She is just so cute.
    Oh man Nana I need a big cookie too.
    Love your pineapples and pumpkin dudes.
    Just fantastic.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend sis.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Angela
    Love your newest creations, so sweet!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks awesome! I love your new prim bench and want one meself! Darbee Rae is so cute. That's so precious she emulates her nana. Good luck with your show :)

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing all your crafts. You are so very gifted. But that little Darbee Rae takes the show!! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your creations.The pineapples are wonderful.Boy that is one big cookie..smile..Always enjoy reading yours and Darbee Rae's adventures and memory makings.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had lots going on! Your pineapples and pumpkins are neat. Always enjoy seeing what Darbee Rae is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so wish I lived close enough so I could come to your show! I bet your stuff sells really quickly!
    Love the bench, such talent.
    Have a great week!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are also one busy gal! Love your new creations, they will fly out of your booth. What a wonderful tradition to start with a special granddaughter. Have a great week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI,
    Just wanted to say that I love those pumpkin men! So cute! Wish I lived closer to you so I could visit the craft show! Hope you do well! But, with the amazing things that you and your hubby make I am sure it will be a successful event!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of your creations! WOW, Darbee Rae does so good with her writing and spelling! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete