About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Little Road Trip and Home to THIS.......

Another January Monday. Time is swiftly moving along in the New Year. Over half the month gone already. Hope today finds sunshine in your world. Finally yesterday the sun decided to show itself after a whole week of fog, rain, and clouds.

On Friday, Holly, Darbee Rae and I decided on a girls trip for the weekend. We left out well before day light for a weekend of shopping in Pigeon Forge, TN.  About a 5 hour drive and we wanted to get there early enough to start our shopping of Friday

 
I just love traveling.  That's part of the fun of getting there.  I had a bag of activities at my feet to work on and actually finished stitching a stitchery while riding.  We made many stops on the way but the first one was at our favorite bakery in Cleveland, TN.  We were not going to be hungry. {smile}
 
 
Friday evening we rode to Gatlinburg to do some shopping.  Everywhere still had the Christmas lights and decorations up.  So Darbee borrowed Santa's sleigh for a picture.
 
 
You guys have visited with me in the kitchen many times.  As you know we are doing some remodeling in there. But this is what it looked like when we left on Friday for our trip.
 
 
Just past those bay windows is now the dining room.  It use to be the sunroom and you entered through French door in the great room.
 
We were shopping in Knoxville on Saturday when I got a picture text from Mr. P.  This is what I saw.
 
 
The window and wall is now gone!!  I was excited but a little nervous and will be until all is done.  This is turning into a little more major remodeling than I was expecting. 
 
And so  the saga continues. 
 
 
Today the flooring is coming up where the windows were part of the kitchen.  Which will call for new paint on the floor in the "new" dining room. And we won't even mention all the dust!Everywhere!!! I should have stayed out of town until this is all done.
 
All the wallpaper is now gone and the walls are waiting for their new primer and paint just as soon as all the sanding and construction work is done. And I have to decide on a color.  Really having trouble with this one. 
 
 
Oh well,,,, will give you updates as we continue with this major project. 
 
I did very little prim shopping while we were on our trip.  Can't believe I didn't even go in several of the shops that I never miss while in that area. This trip Holly and I were on quite a different shopping spree.   I will share later what our shopping mission was this trip. I was excited that we found an AC Moore store in Knoxville.  I had never shopped in one.  We don't have those in GA that I am aware of.  Loved it and got many things in there.  Don't you love finding a shop you hear others speak of and finally get to see for yourself?  I did however get this little pie rack on the way home at Country Kinfolk in Lenoir City.
 
Once the kitchen is back in order, I will use it to display my grandmother's old pie/cake pans.  I am so blessed to have these pans.  I remember as a child watching her bake cake layers in them.  I would beg her to let me stir the batter and she never would.  Said it would make the cake layers fall if two people baked them instead of one person.  Have you ever heard that??
 

 
Love the patina of these old pans.
 
 
 
Well, I know my house was not "company ready" today, but I am so glad you stopped by anyway.  Wishing all of you a great week  at your home place.  We will visit again soon.
 
Until next time.
.









6 comments:

  1. So nice that you and your girlies had the opportunity to get away for some girl time! I am eagerly awaiting the unveiling of your new dining room!! Have a great day Angela :0) ~Marge~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen is starting to ook different...cannot wait forthe final reveal. We are planning on a living room redo..so not looking forward to that dust either..but it comes with the territory. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting.
    I cannot wait to see it all done.
    You sure have a great hubby.
    And girl time too.
    Such fun
    Warm Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great girls weekend. I can't wait to see all the changes you are making to your home. Remodeling can be stressful, but so worth it when everything is all done.
    When we did our total kitchen remodel...our stove was sitting in the living room with the microwave on it for a few months. Now we want to take up the carpet in the living room and dining room...and redo the hardwood floors or replace them. Guess that depends what we find when the carpet comes up.
    Hope you are having a great day!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun trip! Is AC Moore just a paint store? I ask because we are headed to Knoxville this weekend! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning girl...what a fun trip....I know how exciting you must be about the remodel...I excited just rearranging furniture! Love those pie pans...oh what a treasure...thanks so much for coming by..hope you are having an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete