About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, April 6, 2015

One Amazing Man

Sending sunshine and smiles your way on this another Monday morning.  Hoping you all joined me in waking this morning with a thankful heart for a wonderful Easter weekend spent with family and or friends. 

Maybe this post should have been saved for Father's Day, however I woke with this on my mind this morning so just bear with me as I share my topic with you this morning. All of you have met Mr. P. many times here on the blog.  He is my partner in life, my very best friend, and the father of our daughter Holly, and granddaughter Darbee Rae.  God has blessed us with a wonderful soon to be 42 years together.  Sometime we can just look at each other and know what the other one is thinking . Yes we are human, and sometime our tempers run short, we disagree, but we forgive and life goes on.


Mr. P. is one of the most driven and hard working men I know.  And that is the subject of this post.  As you know we have been doing some major improvements here at the home place. They started  back in December with the installation of new countertops and back splash.

As the old saying goes,,,, One thing calls for another.  So true. And my poor Mister has been on a roll. Next, all the old wallpaper came off the walls in the kitchen and new paint now covers the walls.  Believe me this was not an easy task. 

  He tore out the bay window and opened up the space leading into the now new sunroom//dining room while the girls and I were on a trip to the Great Smokey Mountains. That was a huge undertaking and labor intensive.  But we love the results. I have on previous blogs shared the photos for all the improvements mentioned above.

  We had a new roof installed, all new windows put in to replace the old and a new slider door installed.  During this time as contractors were in an out and dodging all the spring time rain we have been getting, the mister was hard at work doing improvements inside and out himself. 
Most of the time after working 10 hours at work, he would come in , have supper, and then get busy again until darkness ran him inside or he completely wore himself out.  He tore away our old front steps and replaced them with new ones

 
Hehe, see my foot in the picture.  Yes, I sat on the porch and cheered him on.  You know you need encouragement when working, LOL
 
 
 
Notice,,, the color changed. From red to blue.  So..... Painting the porch came next. 
 

 
And in the process,,, the banisters got a new coat of paint also. You can see in this photo the shutters are still red, and will get a new coat of paint after all the pollen is gone and the house gets pressure washed. 
 
Inside after doing the sunroom/dining room the floor needed a new coat of paint.
 


 
Whew,,, don't it make you tired just seeing all the work in progress? Well, if that was not enough, this past week, he started building a deck outside of this room.  The new slider just spoke to us that a deck was needed.  Before there was just steps leading outside.
 
 
 
 
Of course he had some help.  Darbee  Rae getting a lesson on how to mix cement.  {smile}
 
 
So,,, don't you think I am a lucky lady?  I am so thankful for my mister.  He is the most wonderful man.  I thank God daily for giving us these wonderful years together. 
 
I  too have been busy.  With all the contractors inside doing the windows, I found a spot in my craft room and have gotten ahead for the fall show.  You can see I have gotten lots done over the last  month or two.  HEHE,,,, now this summer I can roam more with the girls and work less,!!
 



 
Hope you have enjoyed visiting with me.  At the end of the day, God is good and all is well,
 
 
Until next time.......

9 comments:

  1. What a special post! You are so blessed. Love the things you have created and the last picture of Darbee and Grandpa says it all! Thanks for sharing.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mr.P! You truly are blessed with a hardworking talented man.
    God has blessed us both friend with wonderful hubby's.
    Your home looks beautiful.
    Love the Santas too.
    Happy Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr P is a blessings indeed! Love all of your redos and also your new goodies Once my Bob finishes our living room redo I can start on my Fall/ Christmas goodies. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post!! Great goodies for your show. I need to start working on stuff for my shows. My first show of this year is in early September...and it will get here before I know it.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great post!!
    Good for you both, so much to enjoy now around your home!
    Love the crafts!
    Love Darbee's sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Angela :0) What a great post! What a blessing is your Mr. We girls are so blessed with such creative hardworking husbands. Your home improvements are so amazing, love the color of the front porch! And.. Yay you! Getting ahead of your craft show crafts!! ( which I love btw..) Have a lovely day my friend :0D. ~ Marge ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is an honorable individual, indeed. That is a great read, as it is a fitting salutation for men of virtue everywhere. Glad you all went about the business of renovations while at it, such as getting yourselves a new window, which is looking mighty fine, if I may say so. You really deserve that. Thanks for sharing that, Angela! All the best to your family!

    Lillian Jenkins @ Enterprise Glass Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. I love hearing how loved our spouses are....and I know they love us back just as much.
    You have a husband like I do....isn't it grand?
    Lots of projects going on for you my friend. This must be the time for it because we just finished up our projects and it feels so good.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete