About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Thirty Nine Years and Counting!!!

Just had to pop in and tell Mr. P. Happy Anniversary.  God has blessed us with 39 wonderful years together. Wait,,,, no we are not that old but were married as teenagers.  Neither set of parents thought our marriage would last.  My parents didn't think he would be good enough for me and his parents didn't think he could ever make me happy. You see our lifestyles and families were so different.

Well, I am so happy to say, we beat all odds.  Love can do that you know.  Our love has grown through the years. God blessed us with a wonderful daughter and now as you all know we are blessed to have our grandaughter Darbee Rae. Our family may be small in size but running over in love and respect for each other.

This stitchery  describes my Mister just perfectly.     It says:  

My Husband

A strong arm to lean on
A strong shoulder to cry on
A patient ear to sound upon
A firm chest to rest upon
A loving heart to rely upon
And my best friend.



We have taken a little road trip to celebrate our anniversary.  Will be back soon to share our trip with you.

Until next time.......

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on 39 years!! Hoping for many more for you both.

    Enjoy the day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy anniversary to you both! May you have many, many more! Enjoy your road trip : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! God Bles you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary my Friend!!
    Congratulations on 39 years. Enjoy your day!!!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOVEBIRDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your trip! Rain doesn't dampen love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Have a Fantastic Day Celebrating..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary...you both were married the same year we were..our 39th will be on Dec. 1st. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Hope this day is Wonderful for you two love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary and congrats!! How wonderful. Enjoy your time away. Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs. P. Congrats on 39 wonderful years! Enjoy your special day and have a fun filled, safe trip! Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!
    Have a great time on your trip!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done...happy anniversary!! Have a good trip. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww....isn't that just the sweetest dang thing?! Happiest of anniversaries to you dear Angela and your wonderful Mr. P....Wishing you blessings and joys overflowing on your day and your trip....Safe travels...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy anniversary to the both of you! Have a fun and safe trip.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary. love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary you two!!!! Have a great trip.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im sorry im late ...Happy Anniversary indeed something to be proud of ! have a great weekend hugs lil raggedyangie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!
    May God bless you both with another 39 or more..
    Have a wonderful time.
    Love and Joy!
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I'm late Angie... Happy Anniversary! Congratulations :) Having a small family is just as wonderful as having a large one. I love seeing the longevity of a loving relationship. Hubby and I are going on our 35th.
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely story. Congrats on 39!!! Hope you had a lovely trip. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Angela,

    Thank you so much for stopping by Country Girl at Home for Ms. Betty's Sunporch Chat! She's a wonderful lady!

    Happy Anniversary to you two young folks! Hope you had a great trip! We'll be celebrating our 30th on the 31st of this month and we'll be taking a little trip as well. It's quickly approaching....

    You have a great weekend too! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your anniversary! Love and respect---that says it all. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  24. Huge belated congrats on 39 years together! That's amazing!!!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete