About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, November 22, 2013

A Great Idea In the Wee Morning Hours

Hello all my friends.  Hope you have all finished your work week and are making plans for a great weekend. I finished all my Christmas decorating a little while ago, it's suppose to be a cold weekend , so I plan on nesting right here in the great room.  My kidney surgery is scheduled for this coming Tuesday and I don't want to take any chance of getting out and getting sick before then.  Please keep me in your prayers. 

And that brings me to the topic of my blog. There have been a lot of sleepless nights of late.  On one such night, I think a great idea came to mind.  Do you find yourself at every season photographing  the same areas of your home?  I am so guilty of that as I have very little wall space.  

 
This is one of those areas in my home.  This red cabinet is sitting on a white cabinet Mr. P. had made for me years ago, Here it is decorated for Christmas,

 
Here is another photo this time all decked out for Halloween. Okay so you get my point.  Well I have wanted a fireplace in my kitchen forever.  My kitchen is rather small  and I thought there was NO way I had anywhere to put a fake fireplace. 
Well ,bring on a sleepless night.  I way laying in bed thinking about my Christmas decorating and BOOM,,, there is was right in front of my eyes.  Get Mr. P. to make a fake mantle and put it right where the cabinets were sitting.  The red cabinet could hang over the fireplace. 
I was so excited to share my great idea with the mister when he came in from work the next day.  I told him exactly what I wanted.  Being the wonderful man he is, out came his tape measure and a few days later...... yes I had my new fireplace for the kitchen.  Guess that proves there is always room for something if you want it bad enough, huh?
So this year I have a new place to decorate and to share with you. Are you ready?
 
 
Yes, I think I had the perfect spot.  Looks so different than the cabinets that were there.
 
 
And with the red cabinet hanging above it.  I still have a little decorating to do on the cabinet, and I have to add  my greens. But I am so proud of my new fireplace.  Also brought a smile to my face as I have not felt like getting out and shopping lately.  I didn't have to leave home and got something new that I love.
 
I sure have missed meeting Holly and Darbee Rae everyday after school and going for lunch, shopping, and sometime just hanging out at their house. They rode out one day this week and we had a snuggle day.  Darbee Rae was so excited. She had to bring her new snowman p.js and we watched a Christmas movie.  She and Holly even brought popped corn.   Sure was good to spend some time with my girls.   So hoping soon I will be good as new and can resume the lifestyle I had a few months ago.
 
 
Well that's all on this cozy Friday night. Wishing all of you a great  and safe weekend. 
 
Until next time...........

16 comments:

  1. Love your new fireplace!! How fun to have a snuggle day with the girls. Keeping you in my prayers and also praying that your surgery goes well for you and that you will back to feeling like your self again.
    Sending lots of hugs.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, I am so sorry that you are going to have kidney surgery. I had a couple of surgeries a week or two ago. One was minor....I did not want to do it. But now I am glad I went ahead and did what the doc wanted me to. It is all over and all is well. Just keep saying your prayers. That helped me a lot! Your fireplace is gorgeous. I had one and we took it down. It was so much fun to decorate! I will be saying prayers for you ..especially on Tuesday. All will be alright, Dear.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mantel! Sending up extra prayers for tuesday. Cuddle day sounds wonderful. Warm Blessings! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fireplace looks wonderful! It really makes the room look so cozy, doesn't it? And I love the cabinet above it! PERFECT!!! We have an antique pine fireplace surround, but no real fireplace. We put our little electric stove (much like yours) in ours too, and it just 'made' the room! Good job Mr. P. Still praying for you, Angela....I hope you'll be home for Thanksgiving day?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Angela, love the Christmas decorating, fireplace looks prim perfect, Enjoy your cozy day and sending prayers for Thursday, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending Prayers your way Angela.
    Loving your new fire place. That man of yours, sure does some beautiful work. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so know what you mean Angela. I feel like I am always taking pictures of the same areas of my house just decorated different. I love your fireplace, looks awesome! Great job Mr. P! Darbee Rae looks so cute in her pj's! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela, praying for a successful surgery, super-fast healing, and being back to your old self soon!
    What a nice day shared by you and your girls! Love DarbeeRae's big smile and cute pj's!
    Your hubby is so talented! Love your new mantle... it is wonderful and looks great all decorated up already!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is perfect. Did you have the stove? I don't remember. (imagine that). You are blessed my dear friend and are going to feel so much better after you heal from this surgery. Enjoy snuggling in today. I am going to Debs for Thanksgiving dinner as we are having ours early this year. I will continue praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela the fireplace is just right in that spot...warm and cozy...enjoy!!
    Night with your girls is what you needed.
    Thoughts and prayers of you on the day of your surgery.
    ((((Hugs))))
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angela I am way behind on reading my blogs,sorry to hear that you are having health issues! I will keep you and the family in my prayers.Love the fireplace and your decorating.Seems like I am way behind on a lot of things,haven't brought out that first Christmas thing yet.Big hugs and prayers,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angela - trying to catch up on my blogs and sorry to hear you will be having surgery - I hope it all goes well and you feel better very soon! Your new mantel is so awesome, what a great idea and craftsmanship! Take care ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Angela
    Love the "new look"!!! Always fun to decorate something new.
    Will have you in my prayers on Tues and hope your feeling 100% when it's over!!!
    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr P is so wonderful and your fireplace ROCKS! I just started my Christmas decorationg too. I wake up in the midlle of the night with craft ideas al of the time. :-) Paraying that your surgery goes well. Keep us posted. Nesting here this weekend too! Snow squalls came in today and going down in the teens tonight. Cuppa hot chocolate and blogging tonight. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. praying still for you, hoping all goes well for the surgery.
    May the God of all hope give you peace and restoration, nothing but good for your health.
    I love her in her pj's, just so cute!
    The fireplace is wonderful, he is very kind, and talented toward his Mrs.! I do love the red cabinet, and it looks terrific all together like that. Hugs and blessings, dear friend. Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice Christmas gift from your hubby. The fireplace looks awesome and I love the cabinet above it.
    I'll be praying for your successful surgery and speedy recovery. Just think about coming home and getting warm and cozy. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete