About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Shopping Part 2, Old Friends and A New Friend

Well I am back as I promised.  Wow,,, twice in one week after being gone so long.  Well I have more to share with you so I will pick up where I left off when we visited last. 

The Sills had to be in  Nashville on Friday for Roger to have a procedure at the hospital. We had already discussed our plans for the day before the trip was scheduled.  There are several places close by that Mr. P. visits every time we get to get up that way.  So after sleeping in,,, and a great breakfast, we headed out on our own for the day.  Our first stop was a junkin place.  I don't even know if it has a name.  Mr. P. has always called it helicopter man because there is an ancient helicopter in the yard of his business.  I have never before ventured into the buildings he has to browse through, but I was brave and decided to ramble with him.  So glad I did as I found a few things.  The mister had a ball going through all the old furniture and junk.   Just look at this place.  A picker's paradise.


 
After a lot of hand sanitizer we were off  for our next place on our list.  For this we had to cross the state line.
 
 
Yes, we were on our way to Cadiz, KY.  They have some really neat antique shops and overall the prices are not that bad.  Lots cheaper than in our area here at home.  The antique shops were on the mister's mind, however I had another shop on my list.  There is a super neat prim shop there and I am so sorry I forgot the name.   I got a neat lamp there that I will share later.  We visited several shops there and had a good lunch before heading back into TN.
 
The Sills and the mister and I arrived home just about the same time  We are so thankful Roger's procedure was a success and he felt well.  We went out for supper and enjoyed our evening together.
 
We had a big day planned for Saturday, so after a good nights sleep, we all met upstairs bright and early and were on our way.  They treated us to breakfast at the neatest little restaurant in a little settlement called Bumpus Mills.  Dimple's Aunt use to own the little place where we ate.  Just look at those home fries.
 
 
Loved the atmosphere in the little place.  Just like a gathering place for the locals, and the fishermen who come from everywhere to fish the lakes.
 
 
 
Dimple and I outside the restaurant.  It was so cold,, down in the 30's on this morning.  Our men went on their way after breakfast as we were on a mission.  Dimple had a friend whom she had grown close to by way of Ladies Class at her church.  The first time she visited Anne, she told her when I got to come to visit, she would love for me to see her home.  And oh my,,, I was not disappointed.  It was magazine ready.  Beautiful.  I was in awe.  Yes, I forgot my manners and I DID stare.  I was blown away.
 
Anne was the sweetest lady and I immediately felt like I had known her forever. She took us all through her home and what amazed me was that just about every piece of furniture  or picture had a story behind it.  Years back she had a shop in Clarksville.  She is so talented.  She does needlework, rug hooking, weaving, punch needle and is an wonderful quilter just to name a few.
  Oh,,, the quilts were simply beautiful. 
 
 
Dimple and my new friend, Anne. 
 
 
And I can't go without saying she is also a wonderful cook.  She had made a sourdough coffee cake for us that was to die for.  When I commented on how great it was, she was quick to share the sourdough starter and the recipe with me.  Her starter she has,,, has been going for 35 years.  I have to say I can't wait to try my hand at the coffee cake.  She gave us the  leftovers for the men, however I kept a slice to have this morning with my coffee
 

 
Doesn't it look yummy?  And so moist. 

 
My morning coffee was so mellow in my new mug that I purchased from Bittersweet Primitives in Franklin.  It is a great piece of pottery.  Love it. 
 
Well I know I was going to show you my purchases, but I have gone on and on, so will save them until the next time we visit  That way you will want to come back. {giggle}
 
You all take care and I will see you on here soon.
Until next time. 






10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I'm ready to go junkin and doing some pickin.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how yummy those potatoes look! Would love to visit all those places with you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed your sharing!
    now if I only had a piece of that cake!
    grin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful couple of days.... just the way I like to spend them whenever I can!!! The potatoes and coffee cake look fabulous, and I can't wait to see pics of all your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect way to spend time with wonderful friends.Thanks so much for sharing.Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful meeting new prim friends? The peep I got her house would be a joy to see. Glad you are out and about having mucho fun-o again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to meet another prim friend..so wish you could have taken more pics of Anne's home. Love that cabinet! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Angela...what a wonderful time you had with your friends! don't you just love those country restaurants!! Glad you had a fun time going through helicopters treasurers...have a good week :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne is an absolute treasure. I never expected to see anyone I actually knew while blog hopping today. Thank you so much for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete