About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, September 22, 2014

A New Obsession....Why ????

Good evening friends and Happy Fall!!! The weather has been just fall fabulous here at the home place today.  I am so excited that cooler weather is in the forecast  for the rest of the week. Spent most of my day looking at recipes that I want to try now that the weather  is cooler.  You know,  all those comfort foods. 

Okay on to the topic of this post.  I will share something with you that you might not know about me.  I have always as long as I can remember loved to write.  When I was in grade school, my mother bought me a five year diary.  Remember those that had a little lock and key?  Guess that was the beginning of my obsession.  I have kept many five year diaries.  In fact I still have most of them stored safely in the attic.  The very last one was the one I kept while Mr. P. and I were dating. Written in it was every date we had, where we went, and if that wasn't enough, the outfit I wore on the outing.  Yes, and I still have it!! Darbee Rae will enjoy laughing at that one when she is a little older. {smile}

After marriage, I started keeping a journal.  Guess I  had grown up enough to no longer keep a diary. Every evening before bed, I would write about my day.  Good, bad and ugly, it was all written down.
Happy times, sad times, fun times and times when I was learning some of life's hardest lessons were all documented in these books.  Needless to say, I have quite a few. 

Holly  is a chip off the old block.  She does not keep a journal, but a planner.  {hehe,,,, I kept a planner along with my journal} But recently I have tried to condense my writings.  With all the rage of journaling, and all the neat ideas on Pinterest  I too have become obsessed with my planner.  Do you think Holly had anything to do with it??  Of course she did!!!

So for the first time since I was in grade school, I am no longer keeping a diary, or journal.  Instead it is all  combined into my planner.  Not a special planner, just  one bought at Target, however I am trying to make each month's calendar and week pages special for me.  Thought you might want to take a peek before I start messing up October's pages by writing on them.

 
We have many birthdays in October.  The first week we will be celebrating my birthday. Guess I deserve a few balloons don't you?
 

The second week in October we are having company from out of town.  My friend Dimple and her husband will be visiting from TN.  Can you tell I am soooo excited? 
 
 
On October 18, We will all be celebrating with a big party for Darbee Rae's birthday.  She has the week decorated in her honor.
 
 
The next week Mr. P and Holly will be celebrating their big day.  But can't show you that week as I have run out of birthday stickers and embellishments. Hobby Lobby here I come!!  And of course there is Oct. 31 and I will definitely have to do something cute for that day.!!!
 
It looks quite simple, but it takes me hours to decorate the pages.  I have to agree with Mr. P. when he ask WHY???  Who will see it but ME?  Oh, this is so true.  Do I enjoy doing it,,,, well yes I guess I do or I wouldn't do this, but why make something so simple, so hard?  The story of my life. 
 
 
One day someone will open this plain looking planner and be blown away at all the information that is stored inside.  A small part of my daily life will be written on the simple pages. 
 
Do you keep a journal or planner?  If so would love to hear from you.  Hope you all have had a
Marvelous Monday and are looking forward to the first week of fall.
 
Until next time....
 
 
 








8 comments:

  1. I think this is such an awesome thing you are doing!!! Holly and Darbee Rae will cherish all of those diaries, journals and planners.. What a wonderful thing to do for yourself and for your family.. I would absolutely love if my grandma had kept these things so I could go back and get to know her and see into her day to day life.. I bought my mom and dad each a journal one year, For My Children and on the pages it has a lot of questions and places for them to write their thoughts and answer the questions.. I hope that they are filling up the pages so one day I can read them.. Have a wonderful evening!! Hugs!!
    P.S. You got me to thinking, I bought journals for my mom and dad because I would love to have them one day but I don't keep one myself.. I think I am going to.. I love your idea of the planner, to keep track of important dates and to also write a little something on each day telling about my day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your ideas and they are forever keepsakes! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep a regular old planner/calendar... nothing special like yours but such a great idea. My birthday is the first week of October too. October is a busy month around here too.. lots of b-days. Fall break with Grands coming to spend week.. enjoy your planner...and maybe someday others will too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your planner..there is no way I would be able to keep up wth onr myself. I know both Holly and Darbee Rae will enjoy reading it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea.
    Love it.
    Loved all the Family pumpkin farm love memories you made too.
    You have a beautiful smile.
    You are blessed friend.
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not real good at keeping track or writing things down..thats why my blog is more pictures then writing...lol....but I love this idea.....thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a nice comment....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, but I want to and now you have inspired me! I will add that to my listS!!!!!!!!!! Smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea, thank you for sharing. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete