About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall in the Great Room

Well I have been feeling quite bad since our visit on the front porch.  Remember  I ask you not to peek in the great room as we entered into the kitchen to have a bowl of stew.  Darn, I just lost my manners and what happened to my Southern Hospitality?  Sure didn't intend to keep you waiting this long to come back for a visit, but my birthday celebration just kept on going.

Playing with my new camera, I found a special feature.  I can put it in the sketch menu and this is what will happen.  I am having so much fun playing with it.  This is a pencil sketch  of the living room looking thru to the sunroom upon entering the front door. 






Table in the foyer.



Top of the black computer cabinet


Remember visiting the porch back in the Spring?  This old flour bin that belonged to Mr P's. grandparents was out there.  So many of you wrote and told me it should be inside.  I finally talked myself into bringing it in and I am loving it in this room.  I got the lamp when we were on vacation in Ohio, as well as the little digital pinkeep and the candy corn candle. 





This is what is inside the old dough bowl.  Do you see the little sprigs of fresh bittersweet here and hanging in the above display?  I got a bundle of fresh bittersweet in Ohio.  Was the first I have ever seen and I was so excited.  Should have bought more as it didn't go too far in my decorating. 


Top of oak roll top desk.


The fireplace mantel.


Love the burlap and bittersweet here as well.


The built in over the t.v. cabinet




Love this paper cone ornament.  Found it at a craft show.  I have old yellowed newspaper and can't wait to make some of these.  Would even be cute for Christmas



One of my favorite jacks. So ugly he is cute. 



This poor fellow won my heart when I saw him.   After all these years he is still a favorite of mine. 



I made the glass enclosure years ago from picture frames.  Inside are two old decorations.  These were two favorites of Holly's when she was a very little girl and have become just as special to Darbee Rae.  Maybe its the "pappy" in the pumpkin's mouth.  The skeleton hand...... who knows.  Love the face on the pumpkin.


 

Hope you are still with me as this has been a long and picture heavy post.  But I so enjoy company and it is Friday night.  Don't that mean we can stay up late and chat?  Hope you felt right at home and cozy here in the great room.  Wishing all of you a great fun filled fall weekend.  Until we meet here again.......

17 comments:

  1. Angela
    I just love all your primitive treats for the eye!!
    That's one really neat camera-I'm so behind the times, I didn't even know you could get sych a feature on your camera!!
    Happy Weekend=Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very nice visit, Angela. Everything is very cute. Wow, that's a neat camera. It's amazing what these new gadgets do these days!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Angela...just WOW!! I knew you had a beautiful home...but holy scarecrows...you truly have a BEAUTIFUL home!!! Love all your wonderful touches....don't even know where to begin to comment - 'cept I do love that Ohio bittersweet - we don't seem to have it here in Nod...and love, love, love that little glass enclosed pumpkin and skelly hand with...what do you all call it there - a "pappy"?? Too cute....(We call them nuks...) And love that sketch feature on your new camera....Sweet! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (When can I move in????) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your room but I really love your tree. I want a fall tree now. That pumpkin baby head is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, Been thinking about you lately. Love your great room. Your fall decorating is fantastic. My favorites are the headless guy, cute, and the pumpkin with the sign will scare for free. Very nice, hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home you have. Love all the fall touches and the bittersweet is hard to find and I live in Ohio. Very pricey and not found all the time. Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's some camera! Seems like that might work somehow with pattern making?
    You sure do have a beautiful home! I love your tree, and Headless & Scare Free too! You have such terrific things! Thanks so much for letting me visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a lovely visit Angela.

    Have a wonderful weekend~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the visit1 You have a lot of fall! I bet Darbee Rae loves it all. Have a great week. BTW I do love the bittersweet. I had to order mine from NY. My friends in Ohio used to send me bunches, but it is harder to find now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved this post! I just read on Holly's blog that I missed your birthday so "Happy Birthday"!!! I have been a little busy with the new baby and a 2 year old!!! lol I sure do need you to come to my house and decorate for fall. I have nothing!!! Seriously!!! And we are having an open house hoping that someone will want to buy our home. I LOVE all your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely... lovely fall decorating, my dear...
    I just love it all.
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Angela, I love the sketch feature on your camera....how awesome.
    Your decorating is wonderful...so many little gatherings I'd love to have!!!!
    Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you Friend!
    Your home is so welcoming and cozy!
    Blessings to you!
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so many cute things!Love the "will scare for free" and the headless pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving it all!!! And you got some great treasures in Ohio!!!!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful primitive pieces. You are very talented.

    Thanks for stopping by today,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete