About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Our Trip and Meeting a Blogging Friend Part 2

Good Monday Afternoon.  Hope all of you have a wonderful day in the works.  Wow,, it's hard to believe that we were traveling home from our trip this time last Monday.   So much that can happen to change your life in less than a weeks time.

Since it was last week when I started my post about our trip,, if you have forgotten you can read Part l here . We were staying in Piegon Forge so on Saturday morning we woke up  on a mission.   We were going to travel to Clinton, TN to meet a blogging friend who has become such a special friend to me over the time I have been blogging.  But there was an added bonus to this trip.  She was working at The Speckled Hen in Clinton helping with their Christmas Open House.  I was so excited as I had never been to the shop.  A lot of first for me on Saturday.  I had never met anyone I have been blogging with either.

OH,, I was not disappointed with either!! First of all, Betty  ( Thru My Back Door ) was one of the nicest, sweetest, ladies I have ever met.  It was like I had known her all my life.  We never stopped talking.  Don't you just love to meet someone and feel that bond instantly?  She has been so uplifting during the path I have traveled with Mother over the last few months.  And on Saturday she was happy and all smiles, even though that was the day after her home had been invaded  the night before and her Granddaughter Amanda had just had surgery.  Thank you Betty for a wonderful few hours spent in your presence. You are such an inspiration.




Holly and Darbee Rae were just as thrilled as I about getting to shop and meet Betty.  Yes, Darbee Rae is going to be a Prim Lady one day.  She was just as content shopping in the Speckled Hen as her Mommy and I.  She had her own basket and was putting goodies in that she needed for her room. (LOL)  She was so cute as she won a door prize and she dropped on her knees right in the floor and started pulling out tissure paper! Yep, she is definitely her mommy's daughter and my granddaughter.  Training that child right!! *wink*

The shop was amazing.  If you are ever close to Clinton, you must go visit.  I found my big treasure before I entered the shop.  I got a German Twig Christmas Tree.  I have wanted one for so long.  Sharon had 2 to sell out on the porch. I couldn't wait to tell the Mister I was bringing home ANOTHER Christmas tree.  I found so many treasures and I can't wait to show you, but I haven't had time to get them unpacked since Mother had gotten worse when we got in.  I promise to show all the pictures in the next few days as things are slowly down a bit now.  I am so excited to get that tree up and decorated.

We also visisted several prim shops when we got back to Piegon Forge and I got a few things there. Saturday evening we spent time with Darbee letting her have some fun as she had shopped her little heart out with us.  We all had fun at the amusement park.



We even saw real reindeer!



Did you notice Darbee Rae was the only one with a coat on?  When we left there I was nearly frozen.  I could not feel my feet.  There was even an ice skating rink set up .  Only the second one I have ever seen.  Let me remind you I am from the South!!  Had I not been so cold I could have watched the skaters forever.
Needless to say we left the park and found a cozy place to have supper.  Do you like to try different places to eat when on vacation?




We had never heard of this resturant so gave it a try.  Not only was the food good, but we loved the decor inside.  It was such an neat place ,,, a good choice to eat and warm up a bit.



Loved all the old sacks displayed on the wall.  Sure would have loved to brought some of them home with me.



Lots of neat old signs also.

Thus, our second night came to a close. It was such a wonderful day and we all went to bed with full tummies, and lots of memories.  Also for Holly and me , lots of goodies to enjoy once we get to upack them and "play house".  Darbee had her new baby and her gift from Speckled Hen.  She was just as happy as her Mommy and Nana.

Next time I promise to show my goodies as that is my goal for today.  Get everything out and continue some of my decorating.  Hope you are doing something you enjoy today as well.

Until next time, I love you stopping by and always remember you are all so special to me.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip Linda! How special you got to meet Betty! Isn't it fun! May we meet someday too!

    LOL at "another" christmas tree. I have 4 german twigs and 3 regulars and 2 feathers. Oh my gosh. I just realized how many trees I have. LOL! I am a hoarder! )in a good way of course! How many do you have?

    I am glad you are getting back to some "normal"... whatever that really is. I am still so sorry to you about the loss of your mother. Hugs friend!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet treasured memory for Mother, Daughter and GrandGirl!
    Love & HUGs Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela,
    How fun to meet a blogging friend. I got to meet Carmen back in October at my Fall Show. Plan on going to Angie's open house and it will be so fun to meet a bunch of the Ohio bloggers.
    Looks like you all had a wonderful time on your trip. Memories made to treasure forever!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good time on your trip.
    Meeting blogger friends are sooo much fun. I've met one so far. Would love to meet you/ them all!!!
    Can't wait to see all your goodies and your trees!!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Angela it was such a treat meeting you,Holly, and Darbee Rae. Can we make a planned marriage between her and Andrew?lol Let me tell you folks, Angela and Holly are exactly what you think they would be. I loved meeting them. Darbee is the cutest!Ever. Such a sweet little girl. We will meet again when we have lots of time to visit. So sorry you lost your Mother, but she is whole again now. We can't wish them back when they suffered so. Prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good time was had by all! Did you get to meet Sharon at the Speckled Hen, she's a sweetie too. How about Rebecca's Thyme (Pigeon Forge), did you get a chance to stop in there? Isn't Clinton the neatest town? I love the corner antique shop, I could have loaded a trailer from there. I'd sure love to go back soon, maybe in the spring! Glad you had fun, Dawn

    ReplyDelete