About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, January 17, 2011

The best of intentions

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Here we fnally said goodbye to all the ice and snow that fell on our state yesterday was 1 week ago.  I finally got out of the house on Thursday.  I don't remember having snow and ice on the ground for this long since I was a child. 
Woke this morning with good intentons.  Had so much on my list to get accomplished and actually was getting things done UNTIL.... I decided to be brave and use the bread machine I got for Christmas. I found a recipe for cinnamon bread that sounded so good off the internet and it got rave reviews.  When I went to add the cinnamon, I decided to go to craft room and get a new bottle to make sure it was fresh.  You know ladies how often we use cinnamon in our crafts so I store all my extra upstairs in my work room.  Got the bread on, and everyone commented on how good it would make your house smell.  Well it didn't , but I was boilng green beans and had food on for supper so I thought that was why.  Just a few minutes ago, took the bread out, all pretty and round, a perfect loaf, but the color was not like the picture.  Set it on the island to cool, and there was my spice........CLOVES  not cinnamon.  Oh my !!That 's  what happens when you get in a hurry.. A ruined loaf of homeade bread.  I will not be defeated.  Another loaf will be in the bread machne shortly.
My daughter is coming over one day this week and I will have my next lesson on blogging.  Hope to learn how to post pictures this week.  Hope you are havng a great day. Until next time,

Angela

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you will not be defeated. You will be so excited when you see your first photo posted to your blog. I will be back to visit soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will come over tomorrow and try a piece of the CINNAMON bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry, I have to laugh because that is something I would do, haha. Sounds delicious though. Hope it works out the next time you try it.

    ReplyDelete