About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pausing...To Give Thanks

Giving thanks today for something most of us take for granted daily......The gift of our sight. We took a family member who is legally blind to the Atlanta Low Visual Center to see if there was anything they could do to help her function better on a daily basis.  I was amazed at the merchandise that is available to help those who are less fortunate than myself live a more normal life.  Sitting in the waiting area, watching people as they came in and out made me realize how blessed I am.  Most of us wake in the morning and see the dawn of another day, see our families as they come and go, go to our computers, read the morning paper, and then get busy with our day and never think what life would be like without our sight. Tonight I will say an extra thank you when I say my prayers for the gift of my sight and a prayer for those  who have to deal with this handicap. I have nothing but respect for those who accept  their disability and with such determination  face each day as a challange . These people are to be admired.  Look your husband in the face, look into your children's eyes and be thankful for this wonderful gift.  Have a good evening. Until we meet again.......

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for the reminder to be thankful for ALL things! Especially for those things we take for granted! I would only hope that I could be that strong, that determined if I had some kind of handicap. God is so good to us to bless us with eyesight!

    I just wanted to come over and thank you for entering my giveaway! I have you written down. I am also your newest follower. Looking forward to visiting your blog. Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angela.. You are right when you say we are so blessed to have our sight. If I didn't have my glasses or contacts on I can not see much so I really appreciate these thingss that help so much..
    It is nice to meet you and thanks for reading my blog..
    I am now following yours and hope to get to know you ....
    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete