About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, February 21, 2011

As Long As We Have Memories........

Good Morning Everyone.  Hoping you are having a good Monday, and everyone had a happy weekend.
I was so blessed this past weekend to have a very special couple as house guest.  Dimple and Roger visited us from Tennessee.  Dimple and I have been friends over 23 years.  Many moons ago, they lived in Ga and moved back home to be close to work and family.  We have remained long distant frineds for many years, visiting when we could and talking over the phone.  Our hubbies have been friends also. They arrived on Fri. evening and once inside the back door we were able to pick up where we had left off , and we never shut up. We managed to do a little shopping on Sat., went out to eat Sat. evening, and visited the rest of the evening. 
Dimple wants to be grandma so badly, so while she was here we shared Darbee Rae with her.  She has talked to Darbee on the phone and we have talked to Darbee about Dimple from day one of her little life. She came over  to see her and ran and jumped into her lap. She told Dimple while we were shopping on Sat. that we were having a "Dimple Day".  She was so sweet.  Alright Blake and Liz, your mama would make a wonderful Grandma.
Sunday was special.  After church we just hung out and talked recipes, crafts, decorating, and all things we enjoy. 
This morning saying goodbye wasn't easy.  It never is saying goodbye to someone you love.  But we promised to go visit them soon.  What a wonderful weekend to spend it with such special friends. 
I thought this quote was approiate for today.

As long as we have memories, yesterday remains.

We made lots of memories this weekend.  I am so sorry, I had intended to take pictures.  We were so busy talking and having fun, and being a new blogger I don't think about my camera so much, I forgot.  Hope this week wonderful memories will be made for you.

2 comments:

  1. Good friends really are true treasures..! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend and visit. I like your quote...may have to barrow it sometime.
    Have a great week,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like "real friends". I love it that you picked up just like it was yesterday. Don't you love it? So blessed.

    ReplyDelete