About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Primitive Candles

Thought I would share with you what I have been working on in the craft room. I found this pattern by Country Friends at the Pattern Hutch in Piegon Forge, Tn.  A few of the things needed to complete this project are below
Yes, I did say I am making candles.  The items it takes to make them is what drew my eye to the pattern.  I found it quite unusual and a challange.
Here are the candles in the beginning stages.  Can you see now where I am going with this?
Now they are beginning to look more primitive.  This is the first step in the grunging process
And here are my grungy primitive candles.
They are so much fun to make.  The smaller ones were not included in the pattern, but I just played around with them,  They are so different and can be used in so many places in your home
Hope you all are having a great weekend. Blessings until we visit again

5 comments:

  1. I love those. Those are so cute. You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on those candles!! You commented on my blog about Berlin. I actually live in Holmes County but, right on the edge. So I'm probably about 20 min. from Millersburg. It is like a different world isn't it? My husband went to a meeting there were 75 men my husband was 1 of 12 that were English the rest were Amish. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Angela! Looks like fun and I love how they turned out...so primitive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those candles, Angela...! Do you sell them?? If not, would you consider?
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should sell them. They look straight out of a prim shop!!

    ReplyDelete