About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Love Story

With February being a month  in which we celebrate Love, thought I would share my very own love story with you.  Hope you enjoy it.

Flash back to the year 1966:

I was in the 5th grade in 1966 and my parents let me have a Valentine Party.  I  was to invite the  kids that I attended church with. A sweet little boy gave me this valentine and stole my heart. I have kept it all these years.                                     
Fast forward to May 1972

The same little boy,now a young man, left this poem for me on the dashboard of his car.  To shy to say these words out loud.  I kept the poem all these years, and memorized it in my mind.




Present Day

Do I believe in Love at first sight?  That same little boy became my one and only boyfriend and 37 years ago in July 1973 became my husband.  Mr. P. I loved you then and love you still.  I decided after all this time to do my poem in a stitchery to share with all of you and for my daughter and granddaughter to have as a symbol of our love together.
If you are fortunate to have a soul mate, take time to give thanks for the gift of love.  Hope love surrounds you today and all the days to come

4 comments:

  1. There are not many people who have a love like ya'lls. You are one lucky lady. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. I love your "love" story. Ours didn't start that early but we are so blessed to be happy and in love 32 years later. By the way, I loved hearing your hubbys hunting story too. MEN......gotta laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your love story!!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet to stitch your love letter. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete