About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Marvelous Monday

Good evening all my friends.  And I have to say for me it is GOOD.  The phone rang this morning even before I started my day and it was my dear friend from TN.  We had a good long visit thru the phone lines and then I had 3 more friends calling just to check in .  Does your heart good,, eh?

Let me give you a quick update on Mother.  Today was a good day.  She seemed at herself and was comfortable.  The nursing staff seemes to think she can now sit up for a little while at a time and I am hoping it will rest her some from staying in bed these last 3 weeks. I'm taking one day at a time.  Today was good and I am thankful.

Now, after a fun morning chatting with friends, our mail lady pulls up and I run to greet her at the door.  Jen  over at The Country Mouse had e-mailed me that my giveaway package was on its way.  Did I care that my hair had yet to be combed , or that I was still in my p.j.'s and no make-up?? No way, I slung open that door and grabbed my package so fast , I think the way I looked scared the mail lady. I was so excited but did grab my camera.
I was so scared it might be broken , you know like I don't have enough to worry about.  When I found out I won I told Jen, please wrap it good. (ha) So I couldn't wait to tear into it.
This is what I saw.  Thanks Jen, you did make sure it was packaged securely.  I couldn't get it out fast enough.  Should have taken a picture of my floor with all the packing scattered.  Or maybe not.  Not a pretty sight.
Remember this giveaway ladies.  Didn't we all want to  win this beautifully painted gourd?  It is just wonderful.  Jen did such a great paint job.  I even liked the way the base and back was painted.  .
Wonder how Jen did that, huh?  Such a pretty prim color too.
I have it sitting on the library table in front of my living room window.  With the soft glow of the candle, it is just beautiful.

Another view with more lighting. My gourd will not be put away with patriotic decor.  No Jen, it will stay out year round.  Love it.  Have I said that already??  Okay , I could go on and on but ,,,, Jen sent another package too! One for Darbee Rae.  That girlie is getting popular.  Think she needs her own blog. (giggle)   I had to leave my goodies and go to be with Mother so took along Darbee Rae's gift.
When she found out she had a gift from Nana's blogging friend she was so excited.
She got busy right away working on opening it.
It is a precious light bulb that Jen painted with so much detail.  So cute.  And look at the little mouse on the stand. 

We had to go in her room right then and find a perfect spot for it.  On the shelf above her bed.  You can see the painting in more detail here.  Sorry , my camera is a primitive one.  I need a better one for blogging, hint,hint,  Mr. P.  

Did Jen out do herself or what?  Thank you so much Jen for Darbee Rae and my goodies.  We are two happy southern gals tonight.  If you haven't visited Jen's blog you can do so here . Tell her Angela sent you over.  You won't be disappointed.

Hoping you all had a Marvelous Monday.  Thanks for stopping by , enjoy each and eveyone of my dear friends.  You are all so special to me. 
Until we visit again......

10 comments:

  1. O Angela what beautiful treasures in the mail, your lil Darbee would definately have big fun with my lil kaylee ! She too loves treasures from all our blogging friends! Im glad you had a great day today you deserve and needed it so ! Hugs and Prayers lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's was so very sweet of her! Both your treasure & Darbee's are lovely! It's always so sweet when the kids get something too in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela ,I can breathe now that I know it made it safely there !Whew ,what a relief ! So glad that you liked it and it looks lovely where you placed it.I painted the base and back using plastic wrap.Paint the base coat ,let it dry and for the top color, thin the paint and once you have it coated place a layer of plastic wrap on top and squish it around.Gives it a neat textured effect!

    Darbee looked so cute opening her gift.Glad it brought a smile for her.She is adorable.

    Angela I am so glad that today was a great day! Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a perfect day, glad Mom is doing better. Beautiful gourd, love it...
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Ma'am...I sure did want to win that one!! It's WONDERFUL!!! But I am so glad you did. Jen is such a dear heart - and it brought me joy to see that she sent such a special gift for your sweet little Darbee....You deserve some joy in your days my dear friend...Enjoy...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow is that Jen a great painter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful monday friend! For you and your little sunshine. JEN is sooo talented.
    Hugs Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gourd looks beautiful Angela ... I would keep it out all year too : ) And how sweet of Jen to think of Darbee! Congratulations to you both : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and Darbee scored a home run! Beautiful gourd and bulb. WOW! Glad you had a good day.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful goodies!!
    So glad to hear your Mother was having a good day~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete