About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Sharing A Wonderful Trip!!

Good Monday Morning friends and Happy President's Day.  It has been a great morning thus far.  Can you believe I have supper all done already and clothes in the dryer and my craft supplies all ready to begin a project. BUT,,,, the phone hasn't rung and nobody has ask if I want to go roaming or to lunch yet.... and if that happens,,, well I am out of here. 

I didn't get to finish my Whole Lotta Love before Valentine's Day as I came down with an awful stomach bug.  I am so sorry and will share later the rest of my loves.  I knew we had a mini vacation planned and I was near panic to get better so that I could go on vacation.  Luckily for everyone it only lasted 4 days.  I went almost a week without seeing my girls.  Don't blame them for not wanting to be around.  So...... on Wednesday   Holly, Darbee Rae and Stacy, Mr. P and I all left for The Great Smokey Mts.  This was the first time ever we have all gone as a family.  You know the girls and I go all the time and we have each gone many times with our hubbies but not all of us together.  Holly had rented us a cabin and we were all excited.  Especially Darbee Rae.  I think she was thrilled to have her Papa to go exploring outside with her.  Our cabin was beautiful and we were well pleased



 
 
 
And the location was perfect.  Just look at this view out the window where we had breakfast each morning.  Oh I so didn't want to leave.
 
 
I have been coming to the mountains. since I was a child no bigger than Darbee Rae.  But this trip there was lots of first for me.  We have done Dixie Stampede several times and during Christmas but many of the shows we had never done.  This trip we did two and I can't believe we had never done them.  First was the Comedy Barn.  Oh my!!
 
 
I have always heard that laughing is better than a dose of medicine.  Well if that is true, I should be healthy for a year at least.  I got embarrassed , I laughed so hard.  If you are ever in that area that show is a must.  Just clean family fun.
 
We also did the Lumber Jack Show. 
 
 
It was a fun show also.  Mr. P enjoyed it as his family use to log back in the day , and he still cuts our firewood for the winter.  Darbee Rae was chosen to go down on stage and be part of the show and she was beside herself.  If you follow Holly's blog http://hollyanddarbee.blogspot.com/  I am sure she will post pictures of  her!! 
 
On Friday, we decided to go visit The Speckled Hen in Clinton, Tn. and to shop the little town.  Well, most of you know Betty http://bettyjcrowe-throughmybackdoor.blogspot.com/ and what a wonderful friend she is to us all. Holly, Darbee Rae and I have met Betty several times and even went to supper with her and her daughter Deb on one of our trips.  We feel like family.  Such wonderful people..  Betty and I had talked back and forth and she had company for the weekend and we were not going to be in Clinton on the same days.  So.... we called and ran by to pay her a quick visit.  Yes friends, I got to actually enter THROUGH HER BACK DOOR.  How many times have we all through cyber space entered through that back door and sat and chat with Betty?  Yes, It was like a dream come true.  And as a added bonus we got to meet Sandi and Nicole two more of Betty's dear friends.  Oh, and I can't leave out Dasko.  We hit it off pretty good.  Such a sweetie.  Darbee Rae was terrified of him.  And Betty got to meet our sweet hubbies.  One of the highlights of our trip I have to say.  We sure enjoyed our visit Betty.
 
 
Yes, this trip was a lot of first for us. First "family" vacation together, first time in a cabin, first time seeing new shows, and even first time in the restaurants where we ate. {Holly can share that with you}  Such fun time was had by all of us and wonderful memories were made.  Thank you Holly and Stacy and Darbee Rae for wanting us to go along on the trip. 
 
But all good things come to an end, so I am off to start my crafting.  Got lots of inspiration while we were gone.  Wishing all of you a blessed day.
Until next time.

11 comments:

  1. It was such a fun trip. I didn't want it to end either. I am so glad y'all were able to go with us. I love both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look so cute! I read 'Through the Back Door' from time to time and have chatted a few times with Betty. How luck you are to know her! Enjoyed going on your trip with you, vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Angela, It is good to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time. It is great to get away. I'm sure the highlight was going to Betty's home. She does seem like such a doll. Hope it isn't long before you and your family can plan another trip.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! That is something I would love to do someday, stay in a cabin, in the Smokey Mountains! Glad you got to meet up with Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it sounds like you had a good ole time even with the boys along... Ms Betty is always a treat! I just love her and her blog. Glad you had a great trip and are feeling better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening friend
    Oh my what a special trip,
    The cabin is awesome and such new memories made.
    And the cherry on the cake you went through the back door.
    What a sweetie is our pal Betty.
    Happy crafting.
    Woolie hugs and love
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed you all so much, we just need more time. Of course that little girl is the icing on the cake. Love her. So glad you all had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you all had a wonderful trip!! We are heading for those mountains in a few months.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Glad you took good care of yourself to get that bug outta the way so you could enjoy your wonderful trip! The cabin and view are perfect. I don't blame you... I wouldn't have wanted to leave either. What a fun trip it sounds like and how exciting to go THROUGH THE BACK DOOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angela, what a great time you all had. So special you got to go through Betty's back door. I am so sorry that you were ill but so glad you feel better now! Can't wait to see your craft projects!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet it won't be the last "family" vacation either!!! You had so much fun:) How neat to be able to meet Betty. Your cabin was so pretty and looks like it was very relaxing.
    -Steph-

    ReplyDelete