About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Whole Lotta Love








Good evening friends.  Hope you are all doing well on this first day of February. I think along with many of you, I am proud to see January come and go.  Didn't accomplish much last month, but this weather has had me on a roller coaster ride all month.  From cold, to record breaking highs, storms, and now cold again. 

February has always been a good month for me.  Tax refund comes in, {if we are lucky}, Mr. P and I usually take a small vacation, and it is a month for LOVE!!  And with love comes flowers, chocolate, romantic suppers,,,,, you know ,,, pampering the lady of the house.  And letting our Misters know they are loved as well.

Which brings me to this post.  I have never joined in  on a chain post, but visiting http://cindiscountrycorner.blogspot.com/ this morning, I decided to join in on 14 days of Whole Lotta Love posts.  Sure hope I can keep up and do this.  I know I have many, many, more things to love.  Just having time to share .  Let me tell you these will not be in any order, just what I have on my mind.   So if you have the time why don't all of you join along.  This should be fun

 
I would like to tell you about the first Man I ever loved. My first memory of this man was when I was probably around 2 years old.  I remember he had the biggest, strongest, hands.  When I placed my hand in his, it became lost inside the warmth of his love.  That same hand was rough on my tender skin when I was hurt  or sad and he ever so carefully brushed away my tears.
 
He walked beside me as I learned to ride my big girl bike without training wheels.  Oh the joy in his eyes when I finally learned how to ride alone.  I went fishing for the first time with this man.  I can still remember the patience he had with me as I wanted to just play and he wanted to get some serious fishing done.  Never raised his voice, but applauded me when I learned to put the worm on the hook instead of playing with it.
 
This man was a Christian, a minister and pastored a little country church.  He took me to church.  I sat in the pew beside my Mother as he told of Jesus and his love for me.  I made the decision that I needed God in my life. He introduced me to the Second Man that I fell in love with , my Lord and Saviour  and I am so thankful for this man for teaching me and leading me to Christ.
 
Years later, we had many long talks.  Some fun, some serious.  As I grew into a teenager  he told me what to expect out of a "young man".  What to look for in a husband.  He taught me well.  As yet again, I was introduced to my future husband at a church where he was pastoring.  Later this young man became the third man in my life that I have loved and my husband of 39 years.
 
I am so thankful for the love and the guidance of this one man.  He helped to mold me into the woman I am today.  What I would give to sit and chat with him for a while, and introduce him to the new members of his family since his passing.  Yes, Holly's husband, Stacy and Darbee Rae . Through lessons he had taught me, passed down to our daughter and now to hers , a part of this man lives strong in our hearts.
 
As most of you know,,,,,, I am talking about my Daddy.   And even though he is no longer with us, my love for him will never die. 
 
 
The three men in my life that I love with all my heart,
My Daddy
My God
My Husband. 
 
Until next time.....
 





11 comments:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes. Sounds like he was a wonderful man and truly loved. I feel the same way about my mother whom I lost a couple of years ago. Thanks for sharing:)
    God bless ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to make a big girl cry. Oh what I would give to be able to sit and talk with him just one more time. I miss him so much. Love this post. Might have to link up and join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Angela, oh my, you made a baby out of me, tears rolling down my cheeks........Lovely post, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bawling here too.
    What a beautiful post filled with a whole lotta love.
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, what a a sweet post. I am also a PK and my daddy introduced me to my Lord and Savior. We are blessed.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post Angela. You have three wondeful loves....Isn't it wonderful how the Love of God can be expressed through the Love of a good earthly Father... You sure do have a whole lotta love..Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What A very beautiful tribute to your Father! I too was a daddy's girl and he taught me so much in his short life:) Your love for your Father is very evident and how sweet that is! Stay warm and as we head into February, we're closer to Spring...Yay! Hugs....K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful story about your daddy and how he introduced you to Jesus and to your husband. Now that is a love story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a moving tribute! Your father was exactly the kind of man God wanted him to be and he has passedon the best love to you!! Thanks for sharing!
    God bless
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a heartfelt post.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tribute to your Father. I am so glad you had such a good relationship with him. Something that is very important for all girls. TFS. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete