About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

All Work and No Play

Good evening everyone.  So glad you decided to stop by and share a cup of coffee with me.  Would love to offer you a slice of cake, or maybe a bowl of cobbler, but I have been so busy these last few days.  Poor Mr. P. had subway sandwiches for supper.  Am I a bad wife or what?

I know sooner or later, ( seems like its gonna be a LOT later ) we are going to be blessed with warm , sunny weather being here to STAY.  But not this week here in the south.  Saw very little sun or felt very little warmth from the outdoors.  So I stayed inside and stayed busy in craft room.  When it does get pretty this old gal is gonna be on the go. Looking forward to playing with Darbee Rae, going to the park, having picnics, and just hanging out. And of course doing what us girls do best SHOPPING. But for now I am trying really hard to get ahead for my fall show. Thought I would share with you some of the stitcherys I have been working on.  Love stitching them, but hate to finish them and put them in frames.  But , thanks to the gloomy weather, I have them finished. Ready to go in crates for the fall show. ( Can you see me smile ? )
Love the sayings on them all , but the one with the old doll is my favorite. It's so primitive.
.  All work and no play has made me antsy.  Tomorrow I am out of this house.  Going thrifting, and then to see Darbee Rae .  So many days and no hugs is not good for my soul.  Then we are  grilling out with the family.  Hope all of you are planning something fun to do for the weekend.  Stay safe and please come back and visit soon.

6 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT! I am antsy too!! Have really missed you these last two days. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so gloomy and rainy here all week...today we finally was able to get out in the yard and it was cold! lol I love the stitchery! Hope you have a great time with that granddaughter and a great weekend...Picket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angela!
    Love your pictures and the doll one is very cute...! The weather here in PA is cold with rain and snow...so ready for this to be over for another year:) Have a great weekend...!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Angela,
    It is 10:30pm just got home from work and am starving, your talk of cake sounds terrific...
    Love your stitchery's, will you be selling them on your blog? Where is your Fall Show at? Rained today in Southern Missouri, no snow!!! Should be 70's again by Saturday, but I work week-ends so hope it will be nice on Tuesday and Wednesday. Love you blog and my all means Hugs from those little one's are the best.
    Prim Blessings
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pictures and I can understand what you mean about "finishing" them. I LOVE to hook my rugs and runners but I DO NOT enjoy the binding process since its tedious, but, alsa, it must be done. It looks like you've used this weather to your advantage and will have lots and lots ready for your fall sale. Where is it...maybe I can come ??? I live in southwestern Pa.

    Grace to you,
    Margie at Hungry Hook Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You have been a busy bee. I love stitchery and want to learn it so much. I found one that I have been working on but it looks horrible. I think I purchased it at the thrift store but it could be beautiful. Butterflies and flowers. Did you know that you were a no reply blogger? Everytime I respond to your email it bounces back and then I realize that.

    ReplyDelete