About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Primitive Magnets

Good evening to all.  Today has been one of those days. I worked and stayed busy all day and tonight can't see anything at all that I accomplished.  Stayed busy  doing routine things that had to get done, but nothing fun or exciting.
Holly called early and invited her Daddy and me for supper. Gave me something to look forward to.  We enjoyed a delicious supper with a special cube steak and gravy dish she prepared in the crock pot, homemade bread, mac and cheese, green beans, and a home made cake.  YUM!!  Making you guys hungrey?  Thanks Holly and Darbee.  Enjoyed our evening.
Thought I would share with you a few pictures of the primitive magnets I managed to get done a while ago.
Here are a few of the supplies needed to do the project. Sorry I had already used up the magnets before I thought to take a picture, so the package is empty.

You need the clear glass flat marbles from the Dollar tree, Modpodge, pictures out of old magazines, card stock, magnets, and hot glue gun. Lay the marble on picture, cut out, using modpodge glue to marble.  Let dry completely, I waited overnight.  Then cut out a backing from card stock paper and modpodge to back.  This step you do not have  to do, if you don't mind the  magazine page showing.  I then lightly sanded the edges to smooth out when the backing was dry.  Add  magnet with hot glue gun,,, and you have a prim magnet

I decided to diplay mine on a piece of tin when packaging  so they would not get lost in the bags.

This are quick and easy and a great prim gift to share with friends.
Hope all of you have had a great Monday and have a safe and fun week ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Love them....Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart! I love these! I will be picking up some of these when I get back to town. So darling. I love seeing all the things you do. Tell your daughter that I would love to have the crockpot recipe that she made. Crockpot is my secret weapon! And she makes bread too???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Looks like something I could even do with my two oldest grandchildren. Thanks for sharing. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Angela...these are just the cutest prim magnets...where are these flat marbles @ the dollar tree..I mean which section? I've never seen them before. Thanks!
    patti

    ReplyDelete