About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Rainy Day In Georgia and Comfort Food

Good evening everyone. Today has been a very dark and rainy day. Hopefully the rain will turn things green and help to bring Spring  soon.  I know all of us are ready for some sunshine and warm days.

Let me tell you even before you look at my pictures, I am no professional and have a "primitive camera", but here is a picture out my sunroom window around lunch time today.  So dark, and rainy.
I personally love days like this.  A good book, a primitive magazine,and a few stitcheries to work on, and it makes for a perfect day to hibernate; ALMOST...But I needed some comfort food.
This is an old recipe for peanut butter squares. It takes ingredients you normally have on hand and is simple to make.. Thought I would share the recipe with you.

Chewy Peanut Butter Squares

2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup margarine (softened)
1 cup peanut butter ( creamy or crunchy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups self rising flour
Beat together sugar, eggs, and margarine. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir in flour until mixture is smooth.
The batter will be stiff.
Pour into a greased 9"x13" baking dish. Bake at 300  degreesfor 45 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Cool and cut into squares.

Hope you enjoy the recipe.  Just in case it's too late ,or you are too tired to make them tonight and would still like to try them, I fixed you a plate and a cold glass of milk.  Come and join me and we will chat for awhile.


Hope you all have had a wonderful Wednesday.  Until we visit again.......

4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! Since I didn't come tonight can we make a date for tomorrow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...we have had a rainy day here also...got heavy rains this morning...I got the laundry room painted and even went to Lowes and bought two unpainted oak cabinets...I painted them black and Bill and son-in-law Johnny hung them on the wall for me in less than 10 minutes I love them!!!!!

    My bunch will eat anything with peanut butter in it...I will definitely make some of these...thanks for the recipe...thanks for coming by sweetie and hope you stay warm and dry...Picket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you love a rainy day tucked inside to read or bake.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be right over!! My husband LOVES anything with peanut butter and you know I love all of your recipes. I will try to make these tonight. Thanks for sharing!!! Oh and I am like you....I love a rainy day at home.

    ReplyDelete