About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lunch with Friends

 Let's become little old ladies together- we'll stay up late looking at old pictures, telling "remember when" stories, and laughing till our sides ache.
Let's become eccentric together- the kind of old ladies who take long walks, wear silly hats, and get away with acting outrageous in public places.
And if anybody should ask how long we've been friends, we'll say, "Oh, forever - since before you were even born!"
Let's become little old ladies together- because a friendship that's as special as ours can only grow better through the years



Thought this saying was a good summary of the great day I spent with frineds.  My plans for today was to stay home and spend the day in my craft room working on my prim projects.  But a late night phone call.... a friend wanting to go for lunch and ..... Plans are made to be broken, right?  FOOD and FRIENDS.... what more could a girl want?  We decided to go to the Japanese Resturant in town.
We  had our favorite waiter, who does a great presentation.  We ate, talked and then talked some more.  We were the last customers to leave and they were already closed in preparations for  the evening meal. Friends are wonderful and make life so much more fun.  I am blessed to have friends who accept me for who and what I am.
Sitting are Beverly, Jane, and granddaughter Darbee Rae. My daughter Holly and Darbee Rae's Mom is standing.
I hate to have my picture made, but  I am standing in this photo.
Thanks to all of you for a fun day. 
Hope you all have someone you can truthfully say is a "True Friend".  They are priceless.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Mama for being my true friend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of a day...good friends, good food, sweet family. Old friends are priceless, old friends reminds us how fragile life is, old friends makes us feel ageless, old friends are the best friends.
    You look fantastic.....friend
    Prim blessings
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, it's always fun to be spontaneous and change your plans. Glad you had a great with your friends and family, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me for a visit.Oh the saying is similiar to a saying I said to my dear friend I lost 2 years ago.Miss her so much we were supposed to grow old together.You look lovely in the photo.I'm the same way hate it.What fun a day out with family and friends just the girls.I look forward to getting to know you.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete