About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm Loving Anything Burlap

Burlap is everywhere.  You see pillows made from it, table runners , wreaths, and even eggs made with burlap.  I have been on the search for some original seed ,feed, or bean burlap bags so that I could jump on the wagon and craft with the ever so popular burlap. Living where we do, I could not find any bags anywhere.

Now let me introduce to Holly, my only child.  She is famous as being a SHOPACHOLIC. Yes, I'm for real. She gets up in the morning, gets dressed and out the door her and my 3 yr. old granddaughter go. On the prowl...... shopping.  They go to bed at night planning where they will go the next day.  All you have to do is tell her what you are looking for.......usually she finds it.

And so the story goes with my burlap bags.   Last Saturday the phone rang, and she said,"You will never guess what I found for you. Burlap bags, all you want"  Did you hear me squeal??? She had roamed into our neighboring state of ALA. and found me bags.  Lots of bags. I was so excited.  And of course very cheap.

This is what the back of my SUV looked like when I picked them up. Some still had beans in them. Are you jealous?
Love the ones with the green stripe down the middle.  I can just see a prim table runner made out of this one.
And the ones with the writing on them are great also.  My mind is just wandering to all the neat projects I can create with these bags.
Some of them even had pictures on them.
So there you have a few of the many burlap bags I have to create with in the future.  Once again, Holly and her expertise for shopping, found me what I was looking for.  Guess I will create something from "burlap" for her when the  machine starts humming away. Thanks Holly for finding me treasures.  I love you.
Hope all of you find a special treasure on your outings this weekend.  Have fun and stay safe.

5 comments:

  1. No problem! Just let me know what you want or need next! We gotta go out on a fun adventure soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those burlap bags are terrific....and I agree hard to find. Can't wait to see what you will make with them, keep us posted.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I'll be waiting for pictures of your creations. Have fun, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you create.I love the look of burlap but not for pillows to itchy.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! Can't wait to see what you create from these!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete