About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Wonderful Road Trip and Weekend

Good Monday afternoon all my friends.  Hope you are all having a great day, and that Spring has made an appearance at your home. Today is a regular Monday around the homeplace.  Laundry, cooking and cleaning on the top of my list.  But I have to admit , I am moving kind of slow.  Get comfy, as I have lots to talk about and lots of pics.   Hope you enjoy...

Had a wonderful trip with my frined Jane to Biloxi and Gulfport Ms.  In fact we were so busy roaming and having fun, We didn't take time to stop and take pictures.  We were still awake and talking both nights at 2:3o in the morning.  Both mornings we were snacking on Ruffles Queso Potato Chips.   Wow, They were so good.  I had never had them.  They were habit forming, even at 2:30 in the morning.  Jane's good hubby had pic. of the ocean and He was nice enough to share them with me so I could show you how pretty it is down there.  There are no signs of the oil spill, and altho it will never be like it was before hurricane Katrina, things are returning back to normal.  The beaches are beautiful.  So enjoy...... 
2.JPG
This lighthouse withstood  Katrina when huge mansions were destroyed.  It only substained minimun damange.  Thought that to be amazing as it was right on beach in the path of the storms. 
This sunset is my favorite.  So peaceful and serene.  Yes , it was another wonderful trip with a friend.  Another memory to store in my mind.  Thanks Jane for a great time.  Hope there will be many more fun trips in our future...

Then on Saturday, so tired from traveling, I got up and went shopping with Holly and Darbee Rae.  Yes, I had missed seeing Darbee for a few days.  I talked to her on the phone and she said,"Nana, I miss you."  So I had to spend time with her.  We were at the mall and I decided to take her to her favorite store right now.  She is so into dangling earrings.  Guess that will be her trademark.
She is standing in front of Claires.  She bought dangling coffee cup earrings.  She knows I collect coffee cups and her Daddy LOVES coffee.  She was so proud of them.   She also went to Build a Bear and bought Cuddles her bear an Easter outfit.  Holly was so clever when She went to take the pacifier away from Darbee.  They went to Build a Bear and had the pacifier put in the bear when it was stuffed.  Needless to say, Cuddles is very special to Darbee.
We were leaving the mall and Darbee said the sweetest thing.  She told Holly , " We don't ever want to change Nana."  Guess that made all my aches and pains feel a little better.  We had a great time.
We also found to new junk shops to stop and browse.  I got some old spindles, a few Easter decorations, and saw lots of goodies I would have loved to brought home with me.  Will definitely go back.
If I go on and on, you'll have to stay for dinner.(ha) And I have no idea what it would be.  Hope you are enjoying something fun today.  Until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Looking at those pictures of the beach makes me wanna go so bad! Darbee would love it too! We are ready to go to a hotel. :) I had such a fun time shopping on Saturday. Thanks for more memories. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, Looks like you had a great weekend. I have been wanting to go to Charleston, S.C. to the beach for months now. Those junk shops looked really interesting and Darbee is just too cute. I went to spring open houses, I have pictures up if you get a chance stop by. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela...nice to meet you. The beach looks wonderful wish I was there!!! Have a great day tomorrow and happy creating with your burlap bags!!!(millstonemercantile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation looks wonderful! And so do those junk stores! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela! Cannot find your email. Dress is$42 plus shipping thanks Wanda

    ReplyDelete