About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Road Trip and a Friend

What more could a girl ask for?  For more years than I want to say,(yep, would make me feel too old) several of my good friends and myself have found the time to slip away for a few days of fun and relaxation on a much needed road trip.  We have done this several times a year.

This time only one friend and myself are going on this venture. We are leaving for the Gulf Coast. It's about a 5 1/2 drive for us. We will talk about our families, get caught up on all the gossip, laugh together, share in each others problems, snack, ( yep we carry enough junk for an army) and I will work on stitchery or some small craft project as we travel down the road.  Checked the weather, it's suppose to be great.  Temps. in the hight 70's.  Can't wait. Want to join us? 
My bag is packed and I just have to cook Mr. P some food for while I am gone.  He is such a good hubby to send me off with a big " I love you and Be Careful "  I love you Mr. P. for making my life so happy and allowing me to enjoy the things I do.

Hope all of you have a good week, and I will be back to all my visiting with you guys soon.

5 comments:

  1. Gonna miss you! Have fun. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful safe trip. Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe and Fun travels...! Those girlfriend get aways are the best...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy and take care, dear...
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela-thanks for visiting my blog and participating in the giveaway. I am enjoying your blog and following - have a wonderful trip!~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete