About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why Projects Are Not Getting Done

Good evening everyone. Just thought I would share with you a typical day since the weather has turned pretty.  I just can't seem to say no to Darbee Rae and her Mom. Darbee is only 3 but has been on the go since the day she came home from the hospital.  Yesterday she begged me to go to "Monkey Joes" and watch her play today. Knowing how fast they grow up and that she will be my only grandchild, How can I say NO.
She had a preschool class in the morning and I met them afterward for brunch and then to Monkey Joes we went.  She played until she wore herself out.
I really did enjoy watching her BUT I tried to get a little work done while she played.  I am not doing anything productive these days.  Got a few lines on a stitchery done.
Then we were off to Holly's for Darbee to get a quick nap and get rested up for an afternoon picnic with family and friends. Our son-in-law has access to a beautiful picnic area and lake thru his company.  We all met there and enjoyed a picnic and Darbee played in the water.
Can you tell she was excited and having fun?
Caught this beautiful sunset as we were packing to leave.  I have had a full day of being a Mom,Nana, and friend to all those I love.  I would not trade this day for gold. 
Tomorrow will be another day.  I will try again to be productive and work in craft room.. But if the phone rings..... Well we will just wait and see.
Hope all of you have had a fun day spent with someone you love.  Until we talk again.......

4 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely wonderful. Being a full time Grandma, I know just how hard it is to get things done. Enjoy it while you can is my new motto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I haven't got to spend time with my Grands the last couple of weeks and I miss them. I am working a new job and it takes a lot of my time. Got to schedule some time though. I can't wait to see your stitchery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your loved ones! Life is so much more important than a check list! Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you a wonderful grammie. I know what you say when you want to take time for your granddaughter because they grow up so fast. They sure do! We have 14 grandkids and the youngest is 9 and lives out of state. The youngest around us is almost 13. I miss the toddles and babies so take the time and enjoy them to the fullest for it goes by so quickly. (our Great Grandson lives in N.C. and we live in Maine.) Darn! Love you Blog. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete