About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

If You Want To Make God Laugh.........

"If want to make God laugh tell him the plans YOU made for the day. "

Oh so true.  Mr. P. and I had our day all planned out when we went to bed last night.  We were in store for a beautiful Saturday, temps. reaching in the high 70's.  Up around 8 , coffee and a biscuit, and out the door for some much needed yard work. He was going to mow the grass (yep, that time already here in the south)
get some painting done on the shop, and then get creative inside the shop.

An early morning phone call changed our plans.  His mama was really sick and had to go to the ER.  Do I need to say more?  That turned out to be an all day ordeal, and late tonight they sent her back home, and we still have no diagnosis. They ruled out a lot of things that it wasn't, and that was good, but have no answers as to what her problems are. Luckily by night she was somewhat better.  It is really sad as we watch our parents age and have medical problems. 

So today the plans we made did not get completed, but will be here for us when the time is right. More important things were taken care of.  A really good friend of mine has a saying that I am trying really hard to live by.  "Live in the Day".   Every  day that I grow older, I find this to be so true.  Living one day at a time, sometime is so hard to do.  

The day ended with Mr.P's Mom at home where she so wanted to be, and improving a little.  For this we are so thankful
Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend.

5 comments:

  1. What are you doing up so late? Enjoyed my time with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This Is The Day The Lord Has Made
    Let Us Rejoice And Be Glad In It"

    Thinking of you as I have been in your shoes. Mr B's folks are late 80's, my folks have passed, another chapter in our lives that we do not want to enter. Tomorrow is another day, a day filled with hope, love and His Promise of Enduring Love.

    Prim Blessings
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to live for the day to.Enjoy the simple things.Glad she is home safe will say a prayer for her.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad Mr P's Mom is back in her own home, praying you will find out what is wrong. She is blessed to have you to take care of her. I see my parents aging and it is such a hard thing.. I too, try to remind myself one day at a time.. sometimes life seems overwhelming if you try to live beyond that. Hugs & Blessings,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that Mr. P's mother is ok and at home. I know exactly what you are saying about your day. Our days are not our own. I always wait to see what others plan for me! ha! Of course going to the ER is something you can do nothing about. Thanks for your comment about our little hunting cabin but I wanted to tell you that "Big sis" is my daughter! I should have clarified that. I do have 2 sisters though. Sad to say I don't see or talk to them too much. They live out of town. I need to call them more.

    ReplyDelete