About Me

My photo
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 42 wonderful years. I have been blessed with one daughter who is grown and gone! She and her hubby have blessed us with a precious grandchild, Darbee Rae. She is eight years old and the sunshine in our days. I have always been a stay at home maid, cook, doctor, babysitter, taxi, wife, mother, and grandmother. I enjoy crafting. My interests include primitives, vintage and colonial styles. I love decorating my home. I enjoy traveling with my hubby and friends, reading, and trying different recipes. I am a Christian and enjoy activities within my church. I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures in crafting, shopping, and enjoying life thru the eyes of my darling grand daughter.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Planning Ahead or Running Behind?

Good evening Friends, Well I got to spend another day at home, and I had forgotten just how much I could accomplish when I stay home and stay busy. Hope you have had a good day whatever you found yourself doing.

Am I ahead or behind?  Well a little of both I believe.  A friend sent me this precious Santa ornament  and she shared with me the pattern before Christmas last year.   I had intended to make some for a tree in my bedroom but time got away and I only got them cut out.  So.... too  late for Christmas 2010.... But ahead for Christmas 2011.  I even did extra to sell at my craft show in September.  For that I am ahead of the game.
I  have also  finished some peppermint sticks I will have for sale in September.  I don't have a selling blog or sell on any other venue , so I work all year on Fall and Christmas for our 3 day show.  So I guess I am planning ahead here also.  Just so nice to finally get something finished.

Tonight we met my Brother -in-law and Sister-in-law and nephew for supper in town.  Holly, Stacy, and Darbee Rae joined us.  Aunt Maudie spoils Darbee and us and always brings gifts.  Caught Darbee Rae entertaining us all
Here she is making faces in PaPa's lap while Maudie and Leonard look on. She is such a clown.
Wow, What a messy table.  But supper sure was good.  Here is Stacy and Holly (Darbee's mom and Dad) and Nephew Justin.   Food and fellowship tonight was a perfect ending to a productive day.  Hope you all have had a fun day and are planning a fun filled weekend. 
Stay safe until we talk again.

7 comments:

  1. Ahead or behind, I LOVE THOSE SANTA'S!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the santas and candy sticks! They will sell in September for sure! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela...I saw you were my newest follower and decided to return the favor. I LOVE your santa's and Peppermint sticks...they are adorable. As far as being ahead or behind...well I am so far behind I still have a few Christmas decorations up and I may just leave them up and claim I am "ahead" on my decorating...haha. Anyway, your blog looks great and I will be back often !!!

    Blessings,
    Margie at Hungry Hook Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job on the Santas and love the prim peppermint sticks..! Thanks for stopping by tonight and giving a shout out..! Enjoy your weekend, cold here in PA. Hugs...K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your peppermint sticks and the santas. They are great. You are way ahead of me! I am actually at the hunting cabin now and starting to work on some Christmas gifts! Your granddaughter is a darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Santas. You are farther ahead than me. I seem to be always behind. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving great comments. I am a new follower.
    Becky at Ginger Creme Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those peppermint sticks! I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short myself. :) I like your thinking though, just getting ahead for next year. I think I will use that one when the hubs asks what the heck I'm doing making Christmas ornaments in July.

    ReplyDelete